Why is PE Important?
Getting our kids active is extremely important. Physical Education benefits students in the following ways:
1. Increases fitness levels
2. Develops and encourages creativity
3. Develops positive self-esteem
4. Improves motor, social and emotional skills
5. Increases muscular endurance and flexibility
6. Increases body awareness
7. Reduces risk for specific health problems including; coronary heart disease, hypertension, colon cancer, and depression, as well as lower all-cause death rates. ( CDC 1990 Youth Risk Behavior Survey)
8. Physically fit kids perform better academically.(CDE 2002 Fitness and Academic Performance Study)
9. Most importantly, it's fun!!!
|Contact: Maggie Walsh|