FRIDAY, JANUARY 18th, 2019
Dismissing at 12:45 today. All afterschool activities are canceled.
- Starting Tuesday school breakfast will stop being served at 8:10 a.m.
- Pep Band is playing this evening for Wrestling. Please be in Harmony by 6 p.m.
- Congratulations to 8th Grader, Madison Simon, for winning the District Level competition of the Patriot’s Pen essay contest! Madison won 1st in the local contest, and her essay went on to District VFW Post judging in November, where she earned 1st place again. She will be presented with an award and a $150 check when she and her parents eat lunch and attend the VFW District Meeting on Saturday, February 2nd, in Austin. Madison is the first FCHS student to win the district level award! Congratulations Madison!!!
- Ms. Nielsen has 2 new Scholastic book orders available. Feel free to take the book orders form the bookshelf under the pencil sharpener in her room. An order will be sent in some time in February.
- There will be a short meeting in the library next Tuesday morning during activity period for juniors who took the PSAT test.
- There will be a prom committee meeting on January 31st in the cafeteria during afternoon activity period.
- Any students interested in joining the Trap Shoot Team please sign up in the office. There is a meeting January 28th at 7:00 p.m. in the Cafeteria.
- Any 9th Grade student interested in taking the drivers training course, please stop in the office to get a packet. If you are a 10th Grade student and haven’t taken the training but want to, please stop in to get a packet. They are due January 25th.
- Attention students interested in a spring sport- please sign up in the office for baseball, softball, golf, track & field, and clay target by TODAY. Thank you for your attention to this as these numbers are used to hire coaches, officials, and plan for levels.
- Junior Girls interested in attending Girls state please follow the link for more information… Girls STATE Link
- Junior Boys interested in attending Boys state please follow the link for more information… Boys STATE Link
- Seniors attending RCTC in the fall- the RCTC Foundation has now opened their scholarship portal! The portal is open until Friday, Feb. 15th- This is the only time the portal will be open!! The Frank Jaszewski Scholarship is included in the portal and is given to a Fillmore Central Student. Students may apply online at http://www.rctc.edu/foundation/scholarships/apply-for-scholarships/
- Compeer Financial (formerly AgStar) will again be offering scholarships to 120 graduation seniors from a rural background or pursing a post-secondary education in an agriculture related field. Applications are available at compeer.com Application deadline is March 15th!
- Seniors- The MiEnergy Community Service Scholarship is now available. Your parents or guardians must be members of MiEnergy Coop. Applications are available online at www.mienergy.ccop under the community link. This is MiEnergy Scholarship that is included in our Senior Awards Night Program. Application deadline is March 1st.
- Basketball Open Gym: Every Sunday from 2-4 p.m. in the HS Varsity Gym. Come and work on dribbling, shooting, or play a game or two.
- Volleyball has moved to Saturdays at 6:30 p.m. in the Elementary Gym in Preston. The league is looking to expand and encourages anyone 17+ to join. $3.00 per week or $30 for the season. Please enter through door 12. If there is no interest in this program, it will be discontinued.
Late Bus Tonight will leave Harmony at 5:40 p.m. and Preston at 6:00 p.m.Canceled
JV/Varsity Wrestling tonight vs. Chatfield in Harmony. Weigh in at 5:00, JV begins at 6:00, followed by the varsity. Rescheduled to 1/31/19.
JV/Varsity Dance Conference Meet in Plainview. Please dismiss dancers at 1:30. Bus will leave Harmony at 1:40, Preston at 2:00, and Fountain at 2:10. Rescheduled to 1/21/19 with the same times.
- 1/19/19: One Act Conference Meet in Rushford.
- If you would like to receive the High School Daily Announcements via email, please email Kate Brincks at email@example.com to sign up.
- Meals on Wheels Volunteer today is Hannah Rolfs.
- Today’s Lunch Menu: Meatballs and Gravy OR Crispy Chicken Nuggets, Mashed Potatoes, Whole Grain Dinner Roll, and Mini Rice Krispie Treat.