High School Daily Announcements
Friday, September 30th
- Sports Med will be at the school on Tuesday/Thursday. Sign up in the office by 8:15am.
- Sign up for winter sports (Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Wrestling) at the following link before Friday, September 30th if you plan to participate. These are used to hire Coaches, Officials and set schedules - thank you for your attention to this - thank you! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdpOc4f5UWrCUS5eZuGa5vIvNgFwm7jB7_ijTXA6HZ4wTeuBg/viewform?usp=sf_link
- Seniors - application for the MSHSL AAA (Athletics, Academics and Arts) Award is open. Applications are due to Mr. Chris Mensink by Friday, November 18th electronically at . The applications are attached to this email and can be found as well on our website under extra curricular fees and forms section of the website or on the AAA section of the MSHSL website at the following link: https://www.mshsl.org/triple-award
Academics, Arts and Athletics The Academics, Arts, and Athletics Award, commonly known as the Triple 'A' Award, honors high school seniors throughout the state who have a 3.0 or higher-grade point average and who participate in League-sponsored athletic and fine arts activities. Nomination Criteria To be eligible for the Academics, Arts, and Athletics Award a student must: Be a high school senior at the time of nomination. Schools may nominate one senior boy and one senior girl for this award. Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher at the time of nomination. Participate in at least one League-sponsored athletic program and one arts/activity program. Comply with the MSHSL's Student Code of Conduct
- Sign up sheet for the Homecoming Fall Ball-Saturday, October 8th is located on the table in the hall by the office. Out of town non Fillmore Central students must have a signed permission slip returned to the office by Thursday, October 6th. Permission slip and Guest sign up sheet is in the office.
- It's homecoming button time! You can buy this year's homecoming button for just $1 and show your school spirit! It's homecoming button time! Today, buy your buttons from Nora Springer, Aalyiah Root, Annika Mensink or Ms. Nielsen!
- Juniors interested in attending the Minnesota Education Fair at RCTC on Friday, October 14th can sign up in the guidance office and get a permission slip. Permission slips are due back to Mrs. Olstad in the guidance office by Tuesday, Oct. 11th.
- JUNIORS AND SENIORS: The application materials for joining the FCHS chapter of NHS were emailed out Monday morning from Ms. Nielsen. Please see her with questions. The application materials are due THURSDAY, OCTOBER 6.
- Fillmore Central Letter Jackets: Jackets can be ordered between 11:00 and 12:30pm in the cafeteria on Monday, October 3rd. At that time there will be a representative from MECA Sportswear to take orders and properly size kids for jackets. An email has been sent out to students (grade 9-12) and their parents with details regarding ordering.
- A representative from Winona State University will be here on Monday, October 3rd, at 10:00 a.m. in the office conference room. Any interested junior and senior can sign up in the guidance office and get a pass.
- Active Minds will meet in the library during the morning activity period on Oct. 4th.
- Juniors- PSAT Study guides are available on the table by the office.
- V Football dismissed at 2:55pm to go to the cafeteria.
- V Football in Randolph Bus leaves Harmony at 3:45pm Game time 7:00pm
- Saturday, October 1st JH Volleyball in Caledonia Bus leaves Preston 6:30am Harmony 6:50am Game time 8:00am
- Saturday, October 1st JV Volleyball in St. Charles Bus leaves Harmony 7:00am Preston at 7:20am Game time 9:00am
- Tailgate to Tackle Cancer: Randolph Football will be hosting a tailgating party tonight, September 30th before the football game. Hot dog, chips, dessert, drink for $6.00. They will also have a silent auction, raffle tickets, malt stand and bake sale to help raise money to tackle cancer.
- LUNCH MENU: BBQ PULLED PORK SANDWICH or TURKEY DELI SANDWICH, PEAS/CARROTS
- Are you looking for some extra spending money? Do you enjoy working and playing with kids of all ages? School Age Childcare (SAC) is looking for reliable and passionate people to join our team. We are looking for people to work after school, early out and non school days and into the summer. Pick up an application at the HS office. Contact Angi Kaase with any questions.
- Friday, October 7th: Join Falcon Fans for Homecoming Tailgate 2022 as the Fillmore Central Falcons take on the Kenyon Wanamingo Knights!
- Festivities are as follows: FC Booster Club serving food at the Harmony Golf Course from 5PM-6:30 (or until food runs out) Pulled Pork Sandwich, Chips, Cookie, and Bottled Water-$8.00
- Extra Sandwich-$4.00 FC Cheerleaders will be doing face painting and selling pom poms
- $3 per Pom OR $5 for two Pom Poms Falcon Homecoming Hankies will be available until gone Kick-off is at 7PM Halftime performance by the FC High School Marching Band Hope to see everyone there! Go FALCONS!