WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 13th, 2019
- Just one donation can save up to 3 lives. Sign up to donate blood at our NHS blood drive November 22nd. See Krista and Morgan today during your lunch to sign up.
- Congratulations to our FCHS Spelling Bee winners: 1st place, Zach Krage; 2nd place, Audra Otto; 3rd place, Tori Raaen. Zach and Audra will represent FCHS at the regional bee in February.
- There will be a TNT meeting in Mrs. Mueller’s room Friday morning at 8 AM
- Seniors: Please bring in photos from your younger years to be considered for our senior "Remember When" page in the yearbook. Specifically, we are looking for photos of groups of classmates. These might be from daycare, sporting events, field trips, and so on. Please give them to Mrs. Mehus, Hailey, or Taylor. We need them by Dec. 15th to meet our deadline.
- Seniors and Foreign Exchange Students: If you didn't get the blue sheet from the yearbook staff, see Mrs. Mehus. We need the sheet filled out with your quote for the yearbook by Nov. 15th. Remember that you also need to hand in two senior photos and one baby photo by Dec. 2nd. The photos need to be vertical and a closeup. See Mrs. Mehus if you have any questions.
- The FC Sock Order has been reopened! The store will be open until Wednesday, November 20th at 11:59pm. Items are scheduled to be delivered prior to the holiday break. No late orders will be accepted. Order online at https://fcsocks.itemorder.com/sale
- FC Basketball Clothing Store-Order deadline is Monday, November 18th at 11:59PM. Items will be delivered 2-4 weeks AFTER the store closes. Place your orders today! https://fillmorecentralbball.itemorder.com
- FFA members have started their FFA Fruit, Butter Braids, and Pickled Herring Sales! Please contact an FFA member to order. Sales end November 15th.
- FFA Fruit, Butter braids, and Pickled Herring sale order forms and money are due to Mrs. Brown on Friday, November 15th!
- 8th & 9th Grade FFA members interested in going to Region VIII Greenhand Camp need to sign up by Friday, November 15th! RGC is begins November 22nd at 4:00 pm and ends November 24th at 12:00 noon. RGC is held at Ironwood Springs in Stewartville, MN. $20 to go, the FFA Chapter will pay the balance.
- Applications for One Act Play student director and crew are in the office. Please pick up and return it to Mrs. Whitacre by November 15th. Auditions will be November 19th at 6:30pm. Anyone applying for crew may also audition! All 7-12th graders are eligible to apply/audition.
- NHS members the blood drive is coming up, November 22nd! Make sure that you are signing up for shifts to work that day.
- Open Gym in Preston on Sundays from 6:00 to 8:00pm.
- NHS Meeting during afternoon activity period on Thursday, November 14th, in the Chemistry room.
- There will be a junior class meeting Thursday, November 14th during afternoon activity period. If you are in NHS please go to that meeting first and check in with Mrs. Knutson or Mrs. Thomas on what you missed. The meeting will be in the cafeteria.
- Attention Juniors: Applications are now being accepted for the ExCel Award. ExCEL- Excellence in Community, Education and Leadership - is a unique recognition program designed exclusively for Minnesota high school juniors who are active in school activities, who show leadership qualities, and who work voluntarily in their community. Applications can be found on the school website under Activities, extra-curricular forms. Applications are due to Athletic Director Mr. Mensink by November 20th, 2019.
- Attention Seniors: It is time to apply for the AAA (Academics, Arts and Athletics) Award, applicants must…
- Be a high school senior at the time of nomination. Nominations are limited to two qualifying students per school, one male and one female.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher at the date of nomination.
- Participate in League-sponsored athletics and fine arts activities.
- Comply with the MSHSL’s Student Code of Conduct.
- Applications can be found on the school website under Activities, extra-curricular forms. Applications are due to Athletic Director Mr. Mensink by November 20th, 2019.
- Late Bus will leave Harmony at 5:35pm and Preston at 6:00pm.
- Meals on Wheels volunteer for today is Haley Joerg.
- Today’s Lunch Menu: Max Pizza Stix with Marinara Sauce OR Turkey Deli Sandwich, Glazed Carrots.