FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 13th, 2019
- Today the 9-12 band will have a longer rehearsal to prepare for the field show. all 9-12 band students will report to band during 1st and 2nd lunch. We will go to the practice field during that time. Those band members will eat 3rd lunch.
- Today's homecoming button sellers are Seth Rolfs, Joshua Bissen, and Amanda Vrieze.
- Congratulations to the following photo club members who had photos selected for the cover of the Fillmore County Plat book. Ashlyn Simon, Madelyn Bergey, Kennedy Ristau, Nolan Bremseth, and Rylie Gatzke a 2019 graduate.
- Come support the cheerleading squad by showing your falcon spirit homecoming week at the homecoming dance Saturday, September 21st at 8:00 to 11:00pm in the HS Stage Gym. Doors will lock at 8:30pm. $3 for students and $5 for guests, if bringing a guest, they must fill out a form and return to the office by the pep fest on Friday. Snacks and drinks will be provided. Please sign up in the office if you plan to attend!
- Radio Show cast: our first taping is TODAY starting at 3:20 in Ms. Nielsen's room! The cast this week is Madalyn, Makenna, Liz, Hailey, and Ian. But all cast members can come if you'd like to see how we roll. This week's cast: check your googledocs in the "shared with me" folder for your script and edit as needed.
- Reminder to 9-12 band students that we will have a pep band performance tonight for the home football game. Be at the field ready to play with your instrument and music by 6:15pm. We will start playing at 6:20pm. At half time we will perform the first half of our field show "Believer." Wear your FC Polos and jeans for Friday evening's performance.
- Junior Class Meeting September 19th during afternoon activity period in the cafeteria.
- The FFA Soybean Plot Tour has been rescheduled for September 23.
- FFA Members- if you are attending the Miller Invite on September 17th, please pay Mrs. Brown $7 for your meal ticket by today.
- Are you a leader? Are you a person of good character? Do you perform activities that benefit your community and those around you? If you are a Junior or Senior with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher and you can answer "yes" to the previous questions, you are eligible for making an application to become a member of the National Honor Society. See Mr. Elliott this week if you want to apply for membership.
- Interested in joining the 2019 Lego Robotics League? Not sure what it is all about, but have an interest in robotics, engineering, designing, building, or Legos?? Stop in the office and ask Kate for a flier!
- Gundersen Harmony care center is looking for nursing assistants to work the 4-9 pm shift. Applicants must be 16 or older. They will provide training to become a certified nursing assistant and pay a competitive wage. Contact Sue Lenz at 507-886-6544 ext 73377 or go to their website at https://gundersenharmonycarecenter.org/employment/ for more information or stop by to apply. If you are interested in the health care field, this is a great opportunity to gain experience.
- The Fillmore County Cattleman will be grilling steak sandwiches tonight at the Fillmore Central football field for the Faribault BA vs. Fillmore Central football game. Starting at 6:00pm you can buy a Steak Sandwich, chips, and a water for $6.00! See you there!!!
- Varsity Football vs. Faribault BA in Harmony tonight at 7:00 p.m.
- Tomorrow 9/14: JV Volleyball tournament in Hayfield. Bus will leave Harmony at 6:45 a.m. and Preston at 7:05 a.m. Tournament begins at 9:00 a.m.
- Tomorrow 9/14: Varsity Volleyball Tournament in Wabasha. Bus will leave Harmony at 6:00 a.m. and Preston at 6:20 a.m. Tournament begins at 8:00 a.m.
- Tomorrow 9/14: Cross Country at Luther College in Decorah. Lanesboro bus will pick up in Preston at 7:10 a.m. and Harmony at 7:30 a.m.
- Those students interested in a Winter Sport of Basketball, Wrestling or Dance -please sign up in the office by Friday, September 20th
- Late Bus will leave Harmony at 5:40 p.m. and Preston at 6 p.m.
- Today’s Lunch Menu: Cheeseburger on a Bun OR Fish Sandwich with Cheese, Scalloped Potatoes.