FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 21TH, 2018
- Juniors: Magazine fundraiser orders are due TODAY. You can turn them in to Mrs. Thomas or Ms. Herron.
- High School Band will have a long practice during 1st and 2nd lunch today. All HS band members will eat 3rd lunch.
- The High School band will be playing at the football game tonight. Students will need to be there at 6:10pm and are responsible for bringing their instrument & music to and from the football field. High School band students will also be performing half of their field show at halftime. Students are expected to wear their Fillmore Central band/choir polos and jeans. We will do our full uniforms during homecoming. Be sure to bring a sweater as it will be chili tonight.
- SADD Members: Please turn in your forms today to Ms. Herron.
- Those students interested in a winter sport of Boy's Basketball, Girl's Basketball, Wrestling or Dance - please sign up in the office with your name and current grade. Dancers please also indicate Jazz, High Kick or Both by TODAY!
- Senior Class Trip Meeting on Tuesday, September 25 during morning activity period.
- Reminder to Juniors who are interested in attending the RCTC College Fair- Pick up your permissions slips in the office- Permission slips are due back to Mrs. Olstad in the Guidance Office by TODAY!!!
- There will be a workday this Saturday at the Monster Bash. We need as many volunteers as possible for this workday. Families who have specific rooms to decorate need to make arrangements to have their decorating completed by October 1st for the commercial and media day planned.
- There will be a Junior Class Parent meeting on Sunday, September 23, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. in the high school lunchroom.
- There will be an informational meeting about what a GSA (Gender-Sexuality Alliance) group is on Tuesday, September 25th, during morning activity period in the media center. If you want to find out more, please come to the meeting--attendance will be taken.
- FC is tackling Cancer on Friday, October 12!! All proceeds will be donated to the Randy Shaver Cancer Research & Community Fund. You can order your apparel at https://fctackleoutcancer.itemorder.com Deadline to order is September 27th, 2018.
- Juniors- Oct. 4th you have the opportunity to attend the Minnesota Education Fair in Rochester at RCTC. Over 100 public and private colleges and universities, community and technical colleges will be there for student to speak to on this day. Permissions slips are available in the office and are due back to Mrs. Olstad in the guidance office by TODAY.
- If you are interested in being a part of the yearbook staff, see Mrs. Mehus for an application. There will be a yearbook meeting on September 27th during activity period.
- Attention students who are interested in pursuing visual or theatre arts in college! Mrs. Mathison will be taking a group of students to the Luther College Creative Arts Visit day on Friday October 26! Sign up for the event is taking place and needs to be completed by September 30th! Sign up for the FREE event and for free transportation with Mrs. Mathison and register online at https://connect.luther.edu/register/grp-creative-arts-day-2018 Please see Mrs. Mathison with any questions!
- Are you interested in art? Do you want to go on a field trip? Are you in grades 9-12? If so, Mrs. Mathison is scheduling the Annual Minneapolis Museum trip for Tuesday, October 30th! Cost of the trip is $10 for transportation plus the cost of your lunch. Please see Mrs. Mathison, or the office table to pick up a permission slip. The permission slip needs to be returned to Mrs. Mathison BEFORE your leave on MEA break Wednesday, October 17!
- The book orders are due soon! Get your book orders from the bookshelf under the pencil sharpener in Ms. Nielsen's room, peruse the choices, fill out the form, and bring your order and money on or before Tuesday the 25th! You can get The Hunger Games for just $1! Replace your old tattered copy!
- Attention writing fans: Ms. Nielsen has a great collection of free writing contests outside her door in the upper hallway! Stop by and check them out! If you have questions or need assistance with entering, see Ms. Nielsen!
- Attention 7th and 8th grade basketball players. Fillmore Central Comm. Ed. will be hosting a camp with Coach Paris Davis on Saturday & Sunday October 13th & 14th with a maximum of 50 participants. Please stop in the office to pick up a flyer and to sign up.
- Attention Juniors: ExCEL – Excellence in Community, Education and Leadership – is a unique recognition program designed exclusively for Minnesota high school juniors who are active in school activities, who show Leadership qualities, and who volunteer in their communities. Nominees must :
- Be a junior in high school
- Make satisfactory progress toward graduation
- Participate in MSHSL fine arts and/or athletic activity
- Hold a leadership position(s) in their school
- Work voluntarily in their community.
- Mayo Clinic will again be offering their Exploring Program open to 10th-12th grade students interested in health-related careers to gain hands-on experience in career exploration. The cost is $25.00, and the group meets on Monday evenings Oct- Dec. Register online at careerawareness.mayoclinic.org Registration closes Oct. 9th. For more information on upcoming Mayo Clinic events see the postings in the hallway.
- Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences is hosting an Open House on Thursday, Oct. 18th from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Go behind the scenes in a variety of clinical areas and visit with faculty, staff and current students. Free and open to the public, no registration is required.
- Cross Country Friday practice will be a captains practice and you will not go to Lanesboro (they have an early out).
- Varsity Football vs. Kingsland tonight in Harmony at 7:00 p.m.
- 7/8th Grade Volleyball in Caledonia tomorrow. Bus leaves Preston at 6:40 a.m. and Harmony at 7:00 a.m. tournament begins at 8:00 a.m.
- 9th Grade Volleyball in Eyota tournament tomorrow. Bus leaves Harmony at 7:30 a.m. and Preston at 7:50 a.m. tournament begins at 9:00 a.m.
- There is a Late Bus today, it will leave Harmony at 5:40 p.m. and Preston at 6:00 p.m.
- If you would like to receive the High School Daily Announcements via email, please email Kate Brincks at email@example.com to sign up.
- Today’s Lunch Menu: Corn Dog OR Honey Mustard Ham Wrap, tater tots, and cucumber ranch salad.