FRIDAY, MARCH 22nd, 2019
- Congratulations to all who participated in the Local Recital last night! There were well over 30 Superior ratings earned in the Choir room! Well done!!
- Reminder- 8th graders will be taking the Science MCA next Tuesday and Wednesday in the stage gym at 8:20. Bring your computers- CHARGED!
- Student Council meeting on Tuesday, March 26, during morning activity period in Mr. Holten’s room.
- Junior Girls interested in participating in Miss Harmony! There will be a meeting on April 23rd during morning activity period in the cafeteria.
- Juniors & Seniors that are attending prom, please sign up for grand march in the office. The cost is $5.00 a person, please pay Kate. If you are bringing someone from another school, you will need to take a form from the office and return it to Mrs. Thomas. Also, there are sheets in the hallway, if you owe class dues your name is on it. All class dues need to be paid before attending prom. Check with Kate to see how much you owe.
- Post Prom: If you plan on attending post prom you need to fill out a form and make payment by April 18. There is an early bird drawing if you turn in your form by March 29! Everyone attending needs to turn in their own form.
- Seniors: If you are interested in ordering a copy of one of the senior group photos from picture day, see Mrs. Mehus for an order envelope. Orders are due by Monday, March 25th.
- Glenda’s Cancer Journey Basketball Tournament on April 27th, 2019. If you’re interested stop in the office for more information and to sign up!
- Wanted: host families for foreign exchange students. Each year exchange students attend Fillmore Central, make new friends, and participate in extracurricular activities. However, in order to do this, they need host families willing to house them and feed them for the school year. If you and your family are interested in being a host family for 2019-2020, contact Cynthia Hokenson at 507-993-9112 or talk to one of this year’s exchange students.
- The SOUTHEAST MINNESOTA HIGH SCHOOL ART SHOW, at the Rochester Arts Center (connected to the Mayo Civic Center) is an opening with a reception on Saturday, March 16 from 1-4 pm. The show is on display from March 12 through April 4 during open gallery hours at the Arts Center. Students from Fillmore Central with work on display at this show include: Kaleb Arndt, Connie Blaney, Daniel Erickson, Daysha Erickson, Ellie Liew, Sierra Rustad, Stella Schrufer, Olivia Sethre, Grace Springer, Jaclyn Thomas, Nati Vande Zande, and Amanda Vrieze. There is a $5 entrance to see the show, but this cost includes ALL shows on display currently at the Rochester Arts Center, (FREE entrance for all student with work on display and those under age 18).
- Need a summer job?! The City of Preston is hiring! Please stop by the office and take a look at the job posting.
- The Branding Iron is hiring! If you are interested in a job please call or stop in to the Branding Iron to pick up an application.
- Students, are you still looking for a summer job? There are a few internship opportunities available with Harmony businesses. You could give tours at Niagara Cave and learn how the business is run; you could work on various projects in the office at Greenfield Lutheran Church; you can play with kids at Harmony Kids Learning Center, or you could check out various positions at Harmony Enterprises. If you are interested in these positions or have any other interests, please contact Jan Bigalk at 507-251-8355. Text is best. She will get back to you!! Deadline to apply is April 1.
- Track—ride Bus #6 to Lanesboro. It will drop off in Preston and Harmony after practice.
- Softball—ride route bus #9 to practice Preston at the school.
- Baseball and Golf will practice at the school in Harmony.
- Late Bus leaving Harmony at 5:40 and Preston at 6:00 p.m.
- Speech in Cotter this Saturday, 3/23/19, at 8:00 a.m. Bus will leave Harmony at 6:40 and Preston at 7:00.
- If you would like to receive the High School Daily Announcements via email, please email Kate Brincks at email@example.com to sign up.
- Meals on Wheels Volunteer today is Tyler Raaen.
- Today’s Lunch Menu: Cheesy Italian Flatbread with Marinara Sauce OR Honey Ham Mustard Wrap, Tater Tots.