TUESDAY, JANUARY 28th, 2020
- Congratulations to the One Act Play for earning first place at the subsection contest! There will be a performance for the students and staff on Thursday Jan 30th at 1:00pm. The public is also welcome to attend. The Section contest is Saturday, February 1st, at Kasson-Mantorville HS in Kasson. Free admittance - we would love to see you there!
- Did you miss the first yearbook order deadline? Well, don't despair! You can still get a copy of the 2020 yearbook. See Mrs. Mehus for an order form or order online from the Jostens website.
- Active Minds meeting on today in the stage gym during morning activity period.
- There will be an NHS meeting on today in the Chemistry Room during activity period. We will be discussing plans for Snow Daze.
- There will be a prom committee meeting on Thursday, January 30th during afternoon activity period in the media center.
- FFA members interested in going to the John Deere Customer Appreciation Day lunch and visit, please sign up by January 30th and return a parent permission form by Monday, February 3rd. Bus will leave at 11:15 a.m. and return at 1:15 p.m. Please see Mrs. Brown for details.
- Junior Girls interested in attending Girls state please follow the link for more information… https://www.fillmorecentral.k12.mn.us/page/4650
- Seniors- The RCTC/ Frank Jaszewski Scholarship is now open! This scholarship is only available to FC seniors and those who have completed an application to RCTC. Apply at https://www.rctc.edu/foundation/scholarships/apply-for-scholarships/ under the prospective students heading. Application deadline is Feb. 15th. If you have any questions, stop in and see Mrs. Olstad.
- Reminder to Juniors selling pizza for the post prom fundraiser that order forms are due to Keanna on February 27th and you need to collect the money ahead of time.
- MiEnergy Cooperative is again offering a weeklong all-expense paid Youth Tour trip for high school students, to Washington D.C students from June 20th-25th. For more information and to apply go to www.MiEnergy.coop under the community tab.
- Seniors- Graduating seniors planning to continue their education can now apply for the MiEnergy Cooperative Scholarship. 60 $500 scholarships will be awarded to qualifying seniors who have a parent or guardian that are active members of MiEnergy Cooperative. To apply go to www.mienergy.coop or you can pick up an application from Mrs. Olstad in the guidance office. Application deadline is March 2nd!!! This scholarship will be awarded at our senior awards night on May 13th.
- Seniors- Compeer Financial is offering $1,500 scholarships to 120 qualifying seniors. Seniors pursuing a post-secondary education in the field of agriculture or have a rural background are encouraged to apply. For more information and to apply go to compeer.com/ Investing in Rural America/ Giving back to Rural Communities/scholarships or you can pick up an application from Mrs. Olstad in the guidance office. Applications are due back to Compeer by March 16th.
- Late Bus will leave Harmony Community Center at 5:40pm, the High School at 5:45pm, and Preston at 6:00pm.
- Boys Basketball vs. Houston tonight in Preston. 8th Grade will play at 4:30, 7th Grade at 5:30, JV at 6:15, and Varsity at 7:30pm. This game will be broadcast on KFIL 103.1 FM
- Girls Basketball vs. Houston tonight in Houston. Please dismiss 7/8th Grade players at 2:40, bus will leave Harmony at 2:50, and Preston at 3:10. JV/Varsity buss will leave Harmony at 4:10 and Preston at 4:30. 8th Grade will play at 4:30, 7th Grade at 5:30, JV at 6:00, and Varsity at 7:30pm.
- Meals on Wheels volunteer is Hailey Heins-Lange.
- Today’s Lunch Menu: Hamburger OR Beef Hot Dog on a Whole Grain Bun, Pickle Slice, and Golden French Fries.