TUESDAY, MARCH 17th, 2020
- No School March 18 – March 27.
- Housecleaning Announcements: Please check the lost and found before you leave today, all items will be removed before we return. Also, if you have a gym locker please make sure it is cleaned before the end of the day. If you keep any food in your locker, please make sure that is also cleaned out.
- All Band students must bring their instrument home with them by the end of the day today. This includes students who have school instruments. Please check those out with Mr. Ledin before you leave.
- If you ordered a yearbook last year, you should be getting the 2019 spring insert from a yearbook staff member in your grade. If you don't get one, please see Mrs. Mehus before you leave today. If you have a sibling who was a 2019 grad, see Mrs. Mehus to pick up a copy for your sibling.
- Parent Teacher conferences have been canceled.
- All MCA Testing has been postponed until further notice.
- School Administered Medications may be picked up today between 7:30 A.M. and 3:30 P.M. Please contact Kate at the HS if you have any questions.
- All practices are canceled until March 27th.
- All band and choir lessons have been canceled for today.
- End of 3rd Quarter is today. Please communicate with your teachers regarding incompletes.
- All self-service options will be removed from the lunch line. Self-Service items include any and all food items students use utensils to serve themselves including fruit & vegetable bars, salad bars, pizza stations, etc.
- Fillmore Central FFA is collecting pop tabs for the Ronald McDonald House of Rochester! Tabs can be dropped off in the little white house outside of the office. If we meet the different levels, there is a reward for the whole High School. There are more details on the flyer outside of the office.
- Are there any future engineers, customer service, or childcare workers out there? Want to get a paid summer job and lots of learning experience in those areas? Apply for a summer internship! Please email Jan Bigalk at email@example.com or text 507-251-8355 BEFORE Wednesday, March 18. These are GREAT opportunities and will look AWESOME on your future resume. Email or leave Jan a message. Jan will reply ASAP!
- There is a prom sign up in the office. It is a little different this year as there is a grand march sign up and a dance only sign up. If you plan to walk through grand march sign up on that sheet, but if you would like to attend only the dance sign up on there. The cost is $5 per person to attend prom. Reminder that all class dues (7th- present) need to be paid if you plan to attend prom. There will be a list of students that need to pay class dues in the halls in the near future. If you plan to have someone attend prom with you that does not attend FC, please grab the appropriate form in the office.
- Mrs. Brown is placing an order for FFA jackets. If you did not meet the $800 quota in fruit sales for a free jacket and would like to purchase your own, please see her. Standard fit jackets: $50, custom fit jackets: $80. Orders will be placed on March 20th and will be handed out at the FFA banquet.
- Planning to attend Post Prom on April 18th? Stop in the office to pick up a registration form. Early bird registration is March 20th to be entered into a special drawing. Final registration and payments are due April 8th.
- Seniors- The local scholarship applications are now available to be picked up in the guidance office from Mrs. Olstad. Application deadline is March 25th unless otherwise stated. Do not procrastinate!
- The City of Preston is now accepting applications for summer help. Duties will include painting curbs, mowing, cutting and spraying weeds, trimming branches and assisting City/Utilities staff on projects during the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Applicants must be at least 16 years of age and must have a valid driver’s license. Applicants are required to provide steel-toe footwear. Applications may be picked up at Preston City Hall during regular business hours, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Application deadline is Friday, March 27, 2020 at 4:30 pm.
- Senior FFA Members - Fillmore Central will be giving out 4 $500 FFA Scholarships this year. Please see Mrs. Brown for an application. Applications are due March 30th.
- The Fillmore County Sheriff's Department will once again be offering a $500 scholarship to graduating seniors pursuing a career in Law Enforcement. Applications can be picked up from the guidance office. Application deadline is March 31st.
- Late Bus: No Late Bus until March 30.
- Meals on Wheels volunteer is NO VOLUNTEER NEEDED.
- Today’s Lunch Menu: Grilled Cheese Sandwich OR Hamburger on a Whole Grain Bun, Tomato Soup, Green Beans.