Fillmore Central Schools - Update 3/25/20
Since Governor Walz’ press conference today there have been several questions related to the
impact for schools. This is the information we have at this time from the Minnesota
Department of Education:
- We will continue to develop our distance learning plan. The Fillmore Central plan will be published by Friday on the school website. Please understand that this plan and the document is totally new for all schools in MN. Therefore, the plan will be very liquid. Staff will continue to update, add, and modify the plan throughout the distance learning experience.
- Distance Learning for students in Minnesota will begin Monday, March 30 and continue through Thursday, April 30. School staff will return to work Friday, May 1 and Monday, May 4. Students will return to school Tuesday, May 5.
- Free breakfast and lunch for all children will continue throughout the shutdown. Please sign up via the form on the district website if you haven’t already done so.
- We will continue to operate our daycare program and SAC for Tier I and Tier II employees. Contact Angi Kaase if you have questions.
- The Minnesota Comprehensive Assessments (MCAs) for this year have been canceled.
- All school activities during the shutdown are suspended. We will determine which activities will be reinstated in May at a later time.
We will continue to provide updates as information and direction from the state changes.
Please read these updates in their entirety. Please continue to practice healthy habits for